Download the Netball Connect App to keep track of draws and cancellations.
Thank you for supporting the Murwillumbah Netball Association by stepping up and being a coach! We are so pleased to have you on board for our kids, and we will do what we can to support you.
Foundations of Coaching Course
The online Foundation Coach accreditation course is targeted primarily at beginner coaches, teachers, parents and NetSetGO coaches. It outlines introductory coaching information and basic netball techniques. The course is the first step in the national coaching accreditation framework and is an important step along the knowledge pathway for a coach.
The course looks at:
- The role of the coach
- Teaching netball skills
- The coach in action
The cost is $55.00 – but Murwillumbah Netball Association will reimburse you this fee once you have completed the course – email your receipt to: email@example.com.
Enrol at any time of the day or night from the comfort of your own home at mynetball.com.au. Upon successful completion of all four modules, you will receive the Netball Australia Foundation Coach Accreditation and certificate of completion. You also have the option to purchase the Foundation Coaching Manual which contains lots of coaching activities and games for all levels.
Netball Queensland has a LOT of resources for coaches of all skills and abilities.
What We Expect From You As A Coach
Please take the time to do a few things for us:
- Ensure we have all your contact details and we have registered you (no cost to you) with Netball Queensland.
- Always check you have a second adult at training. If no parents there to support you, please do not train. This is a duty of care requirement.
- No player is to train wearing jewellery or without netball appropriate clothing, including shoes.
- Everyone is to follow the codes of conduct. This includes treating all with respect.
- Please complete the Beginning and General Principals Course online. Please provide a copy of your certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete a Foundation Coaching Course. Once you have completed the training we will give you back the cost of the training.
- Please go online to the Working With Children website and complete your check. Please provide a copy of your certificate to email@example.com.
- Please report anyone who is not following your directives at training.
If you have any questions please email the Coaching Convenor at: firstname.lastname@example.org